Thursday, July 31, 2008

Go WildCats!!!


I have spent the last three months my entire summer in fact buried in Disney’s High School Musical. Now before you hand me a gun or blunt object so I can put myself out of misery. I have to say it really hasn’t been that bad. Yes it is a campy and cheesy show, yes the show itself isn’t particularly good, but it has been fun. I haven’t had to see the show every night for weeks on end I have only seen 5 or 6 times. Now don’t get me wrong that is still almost 5 times to many for one life time but I gotta give these kids their due props. They have been up there every night of these performances singing their guts out and putting their all into this cheesy show.
Here in the StG there were 2 different productions of High School Musical that I was involved in. St. George Musical Theatre was first and I built that show and they wanted “automation” (moving platforms) There were 5 platform units that would track in with a hand crank pulley system for the different locations in East High.
The next version was with the Tuacahn Center of the Arts education program. This was a much simpler set there were no moving pieces and a much smaller space to work in as well. Each group has done a great show I cant think of what might have made either show better and I’m not going to say which one I liked more. I feel that both productions were very well done and enjoyable to watch at least once. Having said that…..it’s still High School Musical and no adult should have to endure it more than once in a lifetime.
Surprisingly Disney’s High School Musical is one of the biggest grossing shows in production right now. Every high school and local theatre group across the country is lining up to get the rights to put this show on. There is such a demand for this ho right now that Disney is working on turning a stage version of HSM2. In fact Disney has approached Tuacahn recently to see if they would like the honor of hosting the world premier of High School Musical 2 on stage next summer.
I haven’t heard yet if this is happening or not. Stay tuned, as I will try to update more regularly and keep you all informed of the happenings of the Innes Gang in St George.

3 comments:

Mary Mills said...

Yeah,
It is good to hear an update on you StG folks. I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Wow you will be having a kindergartener. I need to know your new address. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Love Mary Mills

Macy Perrone said...

I just don't know what to say... you're updated!!! Glad to hear you are doing good in S.G. Things are good here in hot ole Houston! I've been aquiring some more design gigs so I am very happy about that. We still really need to plan a trip to Vegas so we can come and see you all cause we miss you like crazy!!! The kids are so cute, and oh so big!!!

Richie said...

Glad you survived the summer. It was great to see you guys!